View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 09:15 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Can there be free will in a world where pre-destiny exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggae_Mangle View Post
I agree wholeheartedly with that. It's absolutely disgusting. And they cover up their behaviour by saying their religion teaches them to do so. It gives all Muslims a bad name.

Then again, some Hindu customs that are just like that. Teaching generations that people are better by birth and some are so unclean they should not touched, eaten with and they should not drink from your well.

And so on. I don't think I need to delve into the disgusting aspects of all the organised religions of the world.

What do they have in common though? God and so I look for the historic references (2000 years ago, a Son of God walked the earth, was killed, rose up. Note to self: Didn't die? Couldn't be killed? Not mortal? Understudy! Understudy!)

Above all else, history has taught me to avoid paying any tithes and tributes.

I think religion is rather intrinsic to this discussion, but larryace nailed the spirit of it. Bravo everyone indeed.
Your post made me think that karma is an extremely damaging concept, downright evil.

We have a Disneyland Western understanding of karma. In far Eastern religions it is used to justify an oppressive caste system, social injustice and repression. If you were born poor, diseased, malnourished and oppressed, you're living out bad karma from a previous life. If someone is wealthy and powerful, it is because of good karma in a past life. That is the natural order of things.