View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 07:29 AM
Renegade

Default Re: Can there be free will in a world where pre-destiny exists?

Believe me, Abe, throughout Italy I have been clutching my bag to the point where I've worn through the (disappointingly frail) leather. What a scene!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggae_Mangle View Post
I want to see the Sistine Chapel and St Peter's Basilica :(

I just think the concept of pre-destiny implies some sort of over-arching framework or influence. Call it God, the Devil, call it cosmic confluence, whatever :)
Actually, while those places may hold potential for some kind of spiritual experience, the crowds are so thick that it's more about survival. Testimony to the cynicism of the monuments' owners.

Maybe destiny can be set by a "what" rather than a "who"? ... the very first quantum fluctuation that set off the big bang? That might have lead to a knock on reaction that could have been inevitable (assuming that quantum strangeness is actually predictable, if not by us at this stage) which ...

I'm just guessing, of course ... as is everyone, though many are not comfortable admitting that for some reason. I would think that ignorance of the ultimate truths is hardly cause for shame or concern :)

Soundcloud stream