View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 04:47 AM
Gold Member

Default Re: Anybody switch from double to single?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumming sort of person View Post
I realize that you don't know me from Adam, but I never said I had trouble playing the double pedal. I've been playing drums for over 40 years, and double bass (or double pedal) for most of them. I'm just saying that I'm tired of it.

How about you post a video of someone (or you) playing something interesting using a double pedal?

I feel that the stuff that "moves" me the most, usually has nothing to do with two bass drums (or a double pedal) anymore. I think the last time I got excited about two bass drums was when the record "Danger Money" came out (Terry Bozzio with UK).
Posting something that I find interesting would be pointless, because even if I found it interesting you may not.

All I'm saying is that it can be used for more than RLRL. Put a felt beater on one side and a wood beater on the other. Now you have 2 different sounds from one drum. Take the driveshaft off and get a Gajate Bracket. Now you can add a cowbell, tamborine, electronic pad, jingle kick, whatever. I just find it irritating that the consensus from non-metal drummers is that the only thing a double pedal is useful for is RLRL.