View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 02:32 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Anybody switch from double to single?

I've always played single pedal. I had double pedals a couple times but just never took to them. I think it's mostly because the music I play doesn't really require double bass, and even if it does here and there, I can do a lot of stuff on the single that many drummer need a double for. Lately though, I've been having a change of heart. I can see where it would be useful in certain areas of my playing; like my song endings for instance.

If I was to get a double pedal, then I would need another pair of hats too so I can keep them closed while my main ones are open. I like good equipment, so this decision to play double pedals would cost me about a thousand dollars or so. Plus, I would need to find time and a place to practice solo so I can get my pedals up to snuff.

I'd say staying a single pedal player is more of a practical decision more than anything. I've never had any complaints about my bass drum work as it is. I know that developing a second pedal in my repertoire is a good idea, but with my situation, it's just not practical. Pity.