View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 07:36 PM
The Old Hyde

Default Re: Are Ludwig Supraphonics really that good a snare

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlCrafton;1182243

I LOVE the sound of the Supralite 6.5. It's a heavier shell than a 402 also. The lower price is great, and I don't care that it's a seamed shell. It has a [I
slightly[/i] more controlled sound than a seamless to my ear, with nice singing overtones.
ALL the seamed shell snares made by companies that copy Ludwig's shell do. MOST people put dampening on their snare anyway, so what's the difference?

I saw a lot of nice stuff at the Chicago show last May, and TBH, the Supralite was my favorite sounding snare. I have so many dang snares now (that don't get into the rotation) that I haven't bought one (yet).
I may sell something in the near future, so I may justify the purchase of one. One friend said, "if you don't have to sell something, why do it" but, I'm just at the point of not wanting a bunch of stuff that just sits and isn't used. It's not really the $150 bucks or whatever.
Will you get a supralite already!!! I got mine because of a discussion with you and I thank you for the advice on it.