View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 03:50 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Anybody switch from double to single?

As to the OP question way back there....
I just stopped feeling like I wanted it. I had 2 bass drums for about 8 or 9 years (single before that), then a Camco double back in 90. Used it for some years and then just didn't want to anymore.

I didn't do the extended "dugga dugga dugga"or speedy stuff in my bands. I used it more like Ginger Baker, and how Carmine used it on some of his stuff. I was into Tommy Aldridge too.

My tastes in playing changed, along with what the bands songs needed--which was whatever I wanted to play that fit haha! the stuff they started doing just didn't need anything I couldn't do with one foot.

I've toyed with the idea of using one again, but, I just don't feel it.

I can do a lot with my one foot anyway, and it sounds cooler to me that way, or between a tom and the bas drum for that kind of pattern.
I also like not having to use one for doing something that sounds"cool" in the drummy sort of way. I've worked on my foot, and like what I've achieved, and it feels right for me to just have a single pedal.