View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 03:00 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Can there be free will in a world where pre-destiny exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon La Ply View Post
I give that comment an A :)

I'm also unimpressed with the fact that everything in the universe is flying apart at an ever increasing speed. FFS we want a happy ending, not a gradual fade out into oblivion! Sorry, but that sucks.

So everything that's ever lived or existed dissipates completely and might as well have never existed? Not even quantum entanglement can save us when everything freezes to absolute zero. Game over. Please insert $1 to play again.

So ... Deity (aka alien student) this is your ending? Nothing? And you want praise for it?? Don't get me started on pain and suffering ...

Let's hope you learn from your mistakes. Here's the brief for your next project ... an everlasting multiverse underpinned and driven by an ocean of consciousness that exists outside of spacetime yet shapes it towards ever greater peace, harmony and integration.

And if I see any sign of back pain again I will deduct marks.
I suppose the constant restlessness about wanting to understand everything - even to the point of making up fantastic theories involving multiverses or God - is what keeps people exploring, searching and testing. And also killing each other for refusing to believe someone's particular theory.

I do like science fiction. I think a great story would be about an alien race in the very last days of the universe (about 19 billion years from now), where energy and matter are fading quickly and everything is approaching absolute zero. They have the technology to travel anywhere in the universe fairly quickly and scavenge raw materials, energy and technology from dead or near-dead civilizations. Then they discover something that will reconstitute the Cosmic Egg, but of course result in their destruction.

What next after that?