View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 03:08 PM
XplosiveDrummer

Default Re: Anybody switch from double to single?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket-full-of-gold View Post
Considering you asked. Other than the fact that his reasons for tossing out the double pedal don't cut it for you, I haven't got a clue.

Is the fact that he no longer wants to invest the time and effort into developing his double pedal skills really worth three posts of ranting angst?
Who said anything about his double pedal skills? Also I'm not ranting over his post, just the opinions I've seen about double pedals on the net in general.

All I am saying about his post is that it's odd to say that you can't constantly control the hi hat nor get the sounds out of the hi hats he wants because of the slave pedal being next to the hi hat stand. If that's the case how do 1000's of other drummers do everything and then some with their hats and with a double pedal setup? It was just a very odd comment as to why he would dump the double pedal. If you set them up properly it should have NO affect on being able to play the hats the way you want.

I don't care if he doesn't want to use them anymore. I just found his reason for making the change odd is all. There is absolutely NO reason why you can't control the hi hat the way you want to just because there is a slave pedal next to the hi hat stand.