View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 06:32 PM
XplosiveDrummer

Default Re: Anybody switch from double to single?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumming sort of person View Post
Ridiculous? Hardly. He prefers to devote his left foot to the hi-hat, and doesn't miss the double pedal.
Ridiculous might of been a bit harsh but I will say his reasoning is quite odd. I can devote my left foot to my hi hat pedal all day without getting hung up between the two. My comment wasn't directed completely at his post just in general.

Honestly, having an extra pedal next to the hi hat pedal should have no affect on your ability to play them how you want IF it's set up properly. Maybe he had too big of a gap between the main and slave pedal which put his hi hat further away from him than it should of. You may or may not be surprised at how improperly set up people's double bass pedals can be which will aid in their distaste for them. In fact my hi hat is probably no more than an inch or two at the most further away than it would be without the double pedal. It's almost as if the pedal isn't there.

Like I said there has to be a more practical reason other than "I can't control the hi hat or get the sounds I like from it."