View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 11:00 AM
Renegade

Default Re: Can there be free will in a world where pre-destiny exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmetalconga View Post
That is a very intriguing thought. Reality is freaky enough as-is, right out of the box. There may well be something just beyond our perception, at once obvious and hidden, measurable and formless, unified and random. It might show up in things like the Fibronacci sequence, the universality of the speed of light, the omnipresence of hydrogen. Interesting to ponder - but avoid letting it seduce you into thinking something is really there, just because you want it to be.
I get what you're saying, Martin. My gut feeling has long been that proto-consciousness is everywhere. I can't rationally defend the notion and I'm not sure I can tell the difference between my gut feelings and wishful thinking. Probably not Robinson Crusoe there. The experiments with proto-life in that Martin Hanczyc Ted Talk I posted are a massive eye-opener and I might rethink yet - the way those little chemical blobs behaved was amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryace View Post
Anon, you always manage to amaze me at the deepness and profoundnesss of your thoughts. The stuff you write here is oft times brilliant. You should collect it all and organize it into a book. I mean you already wrote it with what? 90,000 posts?
If you enjoy the posts, Larry, then I've done my job! It's like playing - you throw something out there and hope some people relate to it.

I don't feel a great need to write a book (this week :). I'm satisfied that some hopefully cogent or useful thoughts have gone out into the meme pool.

Soundcloud stream