View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 11:34 PM
"Uncle Larry"

Default Re: Can there be free will in a world where pre-destiny exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmetalconga View Post
There is no predestination, most things that happen that we cannot understand are disconnected and very little of what happens makes sense or reason.

Once you accept this, everything becomes very clear. No need for silly conspiracy theories, UFOs, Satan vs angles or anything else to explain what happens. As a side benefit, you can become self-determining instead of fatalistic.
And once again, your take is polar opposite of my take. I just cannot accept the notion that everything here is disconnected from everything else. So your sentence, "very little of what happens makes sense or reason" implies that there is at least some part which does make sense and does have reason. You can't have it both ways Martin. Either it makes sense or it doesn't. I'm assuming that if you had to pick a side, you'd pick "makes no sense, has no reason". Which is fine, that's your take, and I am not trying to change that.

I just can't get on board with that personally. Life seems too organized to be random. The laws of physics are a good example. Certain things just don't happen. For example, magnetic lines of force will never cross one another, ever, no matter what. How can that be in a random state? Nature has rules. Laws it follows. Random stuff doesn't follow anything, except randomness.