View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 04:32 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: Can there be free will in a world where pre-destiny exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggae_Mangle View Post
You wouldn't believe how bad some people have it, Anon La Ply, till about 2000, they were still showing us those pictures of starving African children covered in flies. Now we only hear about Africa when Madonna or Angelina Jolie are adopting.

In the US, government officials are destroying the livelihood of farmers that are rearing pigs or cows or whatever because they don't have licences, shooting and burning all the livestock. They come in unmarked black vehicles. These people are ruined and are probably living on welfare. That's in America, "the greatest country in the world". Plenty of countries where there isn't welfare.
We still have the African children starving covered in flies ads here in the U.S. You can now give $0.10 a day so they can eat paste.

I think your perception of U.S. farming is a bit off. Anyone can be a farmer here, no license required, unless you have "exotic" animals. There have been documented cases of government payoffs to farmers to destroy their crops in the past, but it was done in times of economic down turn. The idea behind it was if no one has money to buy food, violent crime will go up as people get desperate. While I don't agree with it one bit, I can see the logic behind it.