View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 09:58 AM
XplosiveDrummer

Default Re: My new (to me) PDP M5 kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Got them polished up with a little help from my...."indentured servants," set them up and they look beautiful.

Just can't decide if I want to go with the traditional 2 up and one down, 1 up and 1 down or 2 up (offset to the left) and 1 down. I want to like this last option but it makes my hi-hat positioning seem strained.
Haha well I hope their reward was that pops was gonna teach them how to lay down a beat on those tubs! ;)

Yeah man those look sweet. Love the wood burst finishes on these and other drums that have them. I also can't stand to have a rack tom too close to my hat or too far to my left. Makes me feel too cluttered, so unless I have my 8" up my 10" and 12" are just slightly left center of my bass drum on my PDP rack. I like the uniform look of the toms in the middle of the bass drum. That's the way I grew up playing them. I have tried a 1 up 1 down with my X7 and I love that as well! 10" straight in front and the 16" to my right. Awesome!

Keep us updated on the snare situation and maybe post a sound clip on Youtube or something when you're ready! Enjoy them!