Thread: Alex Van Halen
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2006, 11:27 AM
Senior Administrator

Default Re: Alex Van Halen

Quote:
dude what are you talking about heres another fine exsample of someone opening there mouth and nothing coming out. alex van halen 3 main influances were keith moon, ginger baker and buddy ritch he was NOT a big fan of john bonham in almost 30 years i hered him mention bonham twice.
please you people need to check out other sites and see bonham is'nt much most drummers find him good a best and overrated. dont take my word for it look arround and see for you self.
you have a weird way of winning people's agreement. first of all, phrases like: ' fine exsample of someone opening there mouth and nothing coming out' show acomplete lack of respect for another member or the rules of the forum. second of all you need to humble yourself A LOT. there are plenty of instances and citations where alex has mentioned john as his hero or influence including interviews with him in modern drummer, drummerworld and a load of forums. i strongly suggest that members shouldn't take your word for it because a simple google search for the terms 'alex van halen bonham' will show how sorely mistaken you are. i have a giant collection of drumming magazines and bonham's name is in nearly every one. i suggest you check out other sites and see that bonham is 'much most drummers find him good a best'.

j

ps: i stand by my DW forum rule:
DONT BASH BONZO

http://youtu.be/fBQeCcBVUCw