View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 02:32 AM
XplosiveDrummer

Default Re: DW 7000 dbl bass at GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryace View Post
True, it's not over built. I wouldn't recommend it if you stomp and bury.
Well I wouldn't go that far, I'm not 350lbs so my stomp and bury isn't that taxing on the pedals lol. Honestly they're built well and will stand up to plenty of abuse if you're one to take care of your stuff. Honestly my decision to get the IC's over my 3000's wasn't because of that, at the time, it was because of the horrible and cheap rocker assembly with that bearing rocker. The bearing rocker is poorly made and that design causes a lot of friction which slows the action of the pedal. My bearing rocker is burned up and I have to order a new one which is $6+tax. I barely had it for about 2 years and you could hear the destruction going on in the bearing rocker. The bearing became loose, you can hear the grinding etc. Even with a bit of grease or lube it still wasn't the same. Now Tama's rocker design is superb! Virtually frictionless! When you get to try these upper level pedals you see where the extra money is going and it's money well spent. I can't even imagine what the $800 pedals are like!