View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 08:33 PM

Default Re: Roland V-Drum Specs?

Hi!
I have a Roland TD-11K and it's great for me. A good solid started ekit. I hope to upgrade to mesh pads on the toms in the future. You're right that the ones you can't find are not in production by Roland currently. I'd recommend to search online for reviews of any model you are looking at.

When I ordered my set it took weeks to come in to the local music shop, so they gave me another Roland e-kit as a loner (forget which model). It was ok but not great, sound wasn't as good as the TD-11k, and the pieces didn't fit together well. The folks at the store said that the loaner kit was a hybrid that Roland put out of their older and newer ekit models - it had the brain of the older ones, but used the frame of the newer ones. (Like they were trying to use up all the parts lying around.) Online reviews of by other people were similar to my experience.
I had considered that model before because it was a little cheaper, but once I played it I could hear the difference and I'm so glad i didn't buy that one.

As long as you have a model number, you should be able to find info out there. As well there's a "vdrums" forum online (I've only just started looking around that one) where I bet they have lots of specific info.

:) Leanne

Last edited by leanneislearningtodrum; 09-03-2013 at 08:35 PM. Reason: didn't finish a sentence :P