View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 12:27 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: A tale of two Iron Cobras

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplosiveDrummer View Post
I've got the double pedal Power Glides myself. One thing I've noticed about the Iron Cobras vs my DW 3000's is that I feel A LOT of the impact of the beater hitting the drum head through the DW 3000 footboards compared to the IC's. I can really really dig in with the IC and barely feel anything while after about 10 minutes with the DW3000 my leg starts to wear out from the vibrations and having to work a bit harder as the DW 3000 is a bit sluggish on the stroke and return.

The IC is a fantastic pedal but I too am left wondering if I would like the action of the Rolling Glide more. Oh well, I'm just glad to be able to have the IC's.
If any of you guys are in the Raleigh NC and want to do a gig or two with my rolling glide I am totally down. I am just like everyone else; just want the most bang for my buck. I play a two hour gig tonight with my Rolling Glide and I will let you guys know how it goes. This show is mainly covers with some originals so its a good indicator of how it will work out over a wide range of music. In practice my foot still felt equally relaxed and not worn out.
Session Work