View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 01:03 AM
Renegade

Default Re: Our unconscious mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryace View Post
This really made my morning. I love how wacky you can be at times Grea lol.
I reckon this one 2 days ago was waaay wackier :)

"I would love to be able to switch off at will. To have the faith that I could just let go and it would all just happen thanks to my practice and "muscle memory", the pull of the music around me and my natural expression. But I feel compelled to steer - to get my greasy little hands into the works. Tinker tinker tinker. It's as though I think I'll go off the rails without supervision. So I screw myself up through trying to supervise myself to avoid screwing up. How screwed up is that? lol It's crazy! I'm starting to sound like Larry(ace)! kgveb eariv pHTB TTB b b igsru ghriuh"

Quote:
Originally Posted by double_G View Post
check this life-hacker article i saw & how it relates to intuitive playing.

"Over the course of my life, I’ve come to believe that the best decision maker is your gut/natural instinct. How many times have you disregarded your gut instinct on a decision, only to regret it later? I’ve done this more times than I care to admit. For many years now, I’ve been obsessed with finding a way to make gut decisions at will. "

+ http://lifehacker.com/follow-your-gu...sim-1214011055
Glad you could find a practical approach to this, GG! I'll give it a try. Also the playing dumb or "drunk" loosening up trick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by double_G View Post
if your intuition is 20,000 times faster than logic AND intuition is built from a lifetime of training & experience THEN it would make sense that "going w/ your gut" vs. logic is always best. wow, AH_HA moment for me.
I sometimes think of my subconscious as "the animal in me" or "my animal side". On the other hand it's also the side of me that seems to do the bulk of the home maintenance and child raising duties and makes all the important decisions flying under the radar ... meanwhile the "human" or "conscious" side calls the shots and hogs all the glory ☯

Kidding aside, this is where I get confused, and maybe a lot of people are - how much to use the conscious and mind and what for? We have this powerful machinery that we're a little afraid of, which is why many people avoid D&M chats like this. "If it ain't broke don't fix it".

Meanwhile, we are always teaching each other how to switch off our conscious minds to better utilise our unconscious mind - music, dance, public speaking, meditation, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance etc.

Yet here is a picture of an absolute master of utilising his or her unconscious mind and, with all due respect, it's not a state I aspire to (yet)

Soundcloud stream