View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 04:07 PM
Renegade

Default Re: Can there be free will in a world where pre-destiny exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aydee View Post
If musicians dont philosophize, who will. Just because we're drummers does'nt mean all that we are 'allowed' to talk about is1ply heads and Demon Drives.
For sure, Abe. Music and philosophy have hung around each other for years ...

A Day in the Life. A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall. A Love Supreme. Alabama. All You Need is Love. Always Look on the Bright Side of Life. Another Brick in the Wall. Aqualung. Ashes to Ashes. Berlin. Blowin’ in the Wind. Bridge of Sighs. Candle In the Wind. Candles in the Rain. Cat in the Cradle. Changes. Closer to Fine. Crime of the Century. Do What You Like. Don't Worry, Be Happy. Driva Man. Eve of Destruction. Face the Face. Fools. Freewill. Games Without Frontiers. Give and Take. Grey Seal. Hallelujah. I Talk to the Wind. If Six was Nine. Imagine. It Don't Mean a Thing if it Ain't Got That Swing. Life's Been Good to Me So Far. Love and Understanding. Macarthur Park. Mad World. Making Plans for Nigel. Mirage. More Trouble Every Day.. My Ever Changing Moods. My God. Piano Man. Power and the Passion. Power in the Darkness. Put On a Happy Face. Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head. School. Sense of Doubt. Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll. Ship of Fools. Shock the Monkey. Sign o' the Times. Sound of Muzak. Spirits in the Material World. Stairway to Heaven. Strange Fruit. Synchronicity. Take a Walk on the Wild Side. The Distance. The Inner Light. The Logical Song. The Message. The Real Me. The Real Me. The Royal Scam. Thick as a Brick. Time. Tomorrow Never Knows. U2's Pride. Vital Signs. Walking in Your Footsteps. War. We've Got to Get Out of This Place. What a Wonderful World. When the River Runs Dry. Wishing Well. Working Class Hero. You Are Beautiful. You Can't Always Get What You Want. You've Got to Hide Your Love Away ...

Sorry about the long list but once I got started it turns out there are more than I expected!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggae_Mangle View Post
I'll have to differ on our outputs being "natural" though, think cloned beef and other weird stuff they're doing in labs now.

I think natural would just mean a lack of an outside interference in something. Or in the modern world, where humans outnumber bears by 7 billion to 1000000, lions by 7 billion to 500000 and tigers by 7 billion to 5000, the absence of HUMAN intervention.
Agree Reg, when it comes to food and lifestyle. Otherwise I think of "nature" as the biosphere, which includes both living things and the elements. Is humanity included as part of nature? Or are we an invasive plague? Or maybe humans an inevitable consequence of life forms becoming increasingly complex over the last few billion years?

After all, every now and then in nature a species will have a "breakthrough". For instance, trilobites were the first animals to develop eyes. Freaky to think that for millions of years all living things on Earth were blind. Trilobites used their vision advantage to dominate the Earth for a while. Now they are fossils. I have a small one at home.

YouTube

Off-the-wall