View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 10:35 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: My CUSTOM Internal Bassdrum Mic Holder System [Promo Video]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Ismore View Post
I feel you could improve on the fasteners. Steel nut/bolts are heavy, costly, have more holding power than you need. Since the mount is only going to be subjected to a lot of motion (cartage/playing vibration, bungee cords), steel nuts/bolts as fasteners are overkill IMO.

That excessive motion can and will eventually cause the nuts to loosen... add lock washers, or locking nuts and coast/weight increases.

I do realize what you're using is easily available and works, but a plastic grommet type fastener or even zip ties would provide more than enough holding power.
Hi Les Ismore,

thanks for your input!
I'm a bit confused but I think you're talking about the Beta91 adapter?

Of course the sketches I uploaded are not the "final" product idea now, I have made some drafts on the computer and I won't need as much screws.
The screws needed to secure the mic will be glued to the system so they won't be able to loose.
Also the screw that's used to hold the mic will be replaced with some kind of spring that you can push down to release the mic..

Thanks again for the ideas :)

@drummerman42

Thank you!
I'm not sure yet if I'll continue the project after my 15 (or 13, I'll take 2) models are sold...
If you're interested in a model, you can message me though!