View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 11:56 PM

Default Re: Calling All Bad Back Drummers: Ergokinetic Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertTheDrummer View Post
I haven't had a chance to put it through it's paces yet. I have a rehearsal with my band tonight so I'll post my findings after that. I was seriously considering the carmichael throne but mainly decided to go with the Spinal G due to moto style, round thrones usually cause me issues with my legs.

The cutout channel is pretty small on the Spinal G as opposed to the large cutout on the carmichael. However the moto style seems to place you where it wants you on the throne. As for poor reviews, I don't know if I ever really even saw any reviews tell you the truth.

Just for comparison the two other thrones I have are a Pork Pie Round Throne and a Tama Ergo-Rider HYDRAULIX Cloth Top with a Back Rest.
lol! Here is the issue I see - without trying the AHEAD and the Carmichael throne, no true comparison. It could bet better than Pork Pie or the Tama throne, but not as good as the Carmichael... Just sayin'.

I don't like the Tama throne with the 4-legs, because it takes up too much space behind me (sometimes space is limited - pre-staged riser), and that also means that the legs will be spread out in such a way that won't be even or may impede access to one of the pedals.