View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 05:49 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: Videos of my two setups - Pearl Reference, Corder / Fibes, Paiste, and Zildjian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Menace View Post
Great videos Sarge. Don't know why this thread isn't getting any love. Personally I dig the hell out of all your videos, its like I get to vicariously get new toys and pretend that I grew a sweet moustache/goatee while I play them.

I'm pretty surprised how well that 10" tom sounds with the 16" on the Fibes kit. I have all sorts of trouble getting the 12" and the 16" to sound cohesive on my kit. Do you find the volume/wash of the 24" GB to be overpowering? You were really playing with a lighter touch andit seemed to stay at a nice spot in the mix.

Also, I have been wondering for some time, are you actually a Sgt or is that just a stage name?
LOL, you're a funny guy!

I too have always been amazed at how well the 10" and 16" toms on the Fibes kit work together. Alot of times, I tune that 10" down quite a bit and it rings clear. That's a really killer setup, even if having a 10" + 16" setup is kinda outside the norm.

And yeah, the 24" Giant Beat can get away from me really easily if I'm not careful. I also play lighter at home than on gigs, so it's easier to keep things under control.

Back when I started online, I had made the move from guitar to bass. The first screenname I had was "Thumpin4" to indicate bass guitar. I was in the Air Force at the time and made Staff Sergeant, so I changed it to SgtThump at that time. I never changed it when I went back to guitar or when I got out of the military in 1999. Funny how it now fits with drums too. LOL