View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 05:41 PM

Default Re: Double Pedal Bag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre25 View Post
Just logically. I don't think there is a carry case that fits an assembled double kick. I think the sleishman pedal has one but you know that thing is all one piece.

Maybe just keep doing what you're doing and carry it, or get a cheap sports bag.
I have no idea why I haven't thought of this.

Guys - my biggest concern with the pedals is unnecessary wear. I've had great luck with my Tama hardware. I have cymbal stands that I've been using since the '80s. The ones that start to go out (moving excessively) or pedals that develop issues - it's because of the numerous setups and teardowns. One day, the screws break (sometimes inside the hole - not something I want deal with 15 minutes before playing time), or strips out, or something isn't quite the same. I haven't had a single issue with my pedals since I've stopped tearing them down. Call me superstitious. Call me unfaithful. I know that I have no problems with my pedals, and they can be set up in an instant (literally).

I'm going to look into a sports bag that has a sturdy bottom, and appropriate dimensions to support the double pedals (folded, but assembled). This is a problem living in Fayetteville, NC. Not exactly a megatropolis having access to a lot of different types of stores. One might think - the internet is just as available there as anywhere else. True, but to spacially examine the interior of a bag isn't something we can do over the internet.

So my search begins...

*edit: 3 reasons I wanted a bag (or soft case, etc...).
#1 Storing/stacking becomes a lot easier, without having to worry about unnecessary spring tension, or beaters getting stuck on things
#2 Carrying open requires two hands (to alleviate pressure of the connecting bar (and supporting screws).
#3 Moving the rain isn't something I like to expose my stuff to (requires more maintenance in the end).

Last edited by JasperGTR; 08-22-2013 at 05:54 PM.