View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 10:26 AM
Renegade

Default Re: Can there be free will in a world where pre-destiny exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggae_Mangle View Post
Don't sweep the floor to spare the ants. Cover the lamps to spare the moths.

... Always remember the little people. Life in their limited lifespan, with all of its pleasures and pain from their unique sensory perspective. If you prick us, we bleed, if you wrong us, shall we not avenge? Maybe that's why they keep trying to get in the house. To get you! :P
You are a kind man, Reggae (or pragmatic). Jain Buddhist by any chance?

Pretty sure the ants are flowing like water into my place, simply pushing out in all directions but when the trail to my place keeps resulting is soldier ants MIA they gravitate to more productive trails ... until a wekk or two later when they try again, just in case the murderous ogre's gone away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggae_Mangle View Post
Kind of funny how there are "no straight lines in nature". I think we should perhaps consider a philosophical view of that truth, rather than a geometric one. I certainly think that events can be considered random to the extent that we cannot predict every single possibility, except perhaps esoterically. And even then, with no great precision ...
Never mind no straight lines in nature, there are no straight artificial lines either. Zoom in enough on the straightest line we can devise and it will start to look bumpy.

The other side of this that what we call "artificial" is actually "natural" ... after all, humans are part of the biosphere and our outputs (including plastics) are as much part of nature as anything else. "Natural" does not = "good", nor does it = "good for other species or the environment". It just means "not made by people".

YouTube

Off-the-wall