Thread: Random Thoughts
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 11:47 AM
Renegade

Default Re: Random Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magenta View Post
That's great news! Hopefully, plenty of time for healing to continue before you leave.
I've been told that sometimes bulging discs have no symptoms at all for years and then can flare up. It feels like there'll be a bit of luck involved (one way or another) but I can keep doing physio and the stretches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacteriumFendYoke View Post
Just think of it this way. You're renting somewhere in the air that moves that is probably nicer than my flat!
Hehe - ditto me until last year's renovations. I never minded modest digs - as long as it's clean, has an internet connection, safe electricity, sealed against wind and rain, a toilet, shower, kitchen sink, strove and bedroom that can be shaded. From 2000 to 2010 I lived in a place where the stove was a portable cooktop. Salad in the summer, steamed veggies in the winter.

Now I live more salubriously and I'm gaining weight! Something to be said for the Spartan ethic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aydee View Post
The main attraction would be to meet the denizens of DW in person! Andy, Henri, that man with the double barreled shotgun on his shoulder, Jonny Sumo and the others...You would be an amazing bonus, because Oz is one place that never seems to be on my iten..
Yes, the tyranny of distance http://www.360travelguide.com/Australia/flighttimes.asp.

I'm yet to see much of Oz myself, but I'm planning to! Maximum 5 hours in a plane :)