View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 02:05 AM

Default Re: Calling All Bad Back Drummers: Ergokinetic Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryace View Post
Yes. Yes I am lol. I'm glad you like my suggestion KIG. I always Larry-ize things that I'm not happy with. I tie cords to my snare drums too, using the lugs and/or tension rods. It makes it very convenient to grab it. I like your suggestions about the magnets. And the light. Not sure how you use a magnet on a round cymbal stand though. Another thing I do is to tie a car litter bag onto my floor tom. I put my glasses, keys, wallet and phone in there when I play because I don't like stuff in my pockets when I drum. Placing them on the floor puts them in harms way. It works great. No one sees it anyway.
I usually just dump my keys, wallet, and phone into a pocket of my cymbal bag, but I might try that little bag on the floor tom tip sometime...

As for the magnet trick, That's why I use the rare earth magnets. Those little guys are so strong, they will stick to anything that's got iron in it like super glue. I bought a couple of small cubes about 2cmx2cmx2cm and they stick to the round stands perfectly. I glued one to the back of an LED light that's got a "snake" style neck on it, and the magnet can pretty much go anywhere. Usually on a floor tom leg, but also bass drum lugs, snare stand, cymbal stand legs, etc. I've never had one fall off. I'm telling ya, that Neodymium is some amazing stuff!