View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 07:14 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Better after a drink??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Sumo View Post
I have a big glass MZ...not a wine glass, just a sort of tumbler. As I said before, I don't touch it if I'm gigging, only when I'm at home 'practicing'. I always felt it was disrespectful to the person who is paying you to not be stone cold sober - I wouldn't have a drink on my day job...

Most of my playing is solo, doing little bits of recording or video for youtube etc I was more wondering how acceptable/understandable it is to sink a 'glass' at home or should I avoid it and, as previously advised, work on my chops rather than my drinking abilities...

I just feel it relaxes me more, and maybe that's the point; am I maybe too rigid normally when I play/practice?? Stressful job, issues at home (like us all to an extent), drumming and a little tipple are my stress relief...but combining them? Cheers...
In the words of John Lennon, "Whatever gets you through the night, it's alright."

If you're just having fun, then what can it hurt? We all play the drums for fun. It's not always serious time. But if you're doing any professional work, or serious practice time, or if you take your YouTube posting seriously, then you should probably exercise moderation and do most of that stuff sober for the most part. But, hey, whatever works for you. I personally wouldn't want to work with a drunkard. Not to say that about you, you did say that you take your work seriously and do it sober.

Last edited by Midnite Zephyr; 08-17-2013 at 07:24 PM.