View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 01:05 PM

Default Re: Yamaha Multipad revised

I've added a Korg Pandora Mini effects processor to my Multi 12's output which improves the dynamics of the drum sounds. The revised effects settings (without distortion) are saved in the 200 User programs (0 to 199) with original guitar effects stored in Preset programs (200 to 399). It's easy to switch between custom effects on 4 panel buttons or a value dial and there is an editor to help modify the 200 user programs. I've recorded an mp3 demo of 4 effects that I prefer (assigned to the panel buttons) and have applied them to 11 of the Multi-12 drum kits in the following order: Cocktail, Hipgig, Oak Custom, Hard Rock, E-Gate, NuRezo, E-Trad, Electro, Ragga Guy, 80s Electro and Dim RnB. To get a comparison of each kit with and without the effects, I switched them in this sequence: effects bypass, Rock(121), Oye Como(79), Soulsister(25), Paraliz(169), Rock(121) and effects bypass.
The modified User programs and mp3 files (plus owners manuals) are available from Dropbox with this link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lz0sdoqez46r8io/WOQqueK7RI
Korg's (free) editor is required to transfer the downloaded Pandora-Mini User Programs1.pxm file to the module. I've included the Pandora PX5D manual only for extra info about the effects.
The Pandora Mini module is excellent value at $A130 and well worth adding to any edrum setup - it's a simple way to expand your available kit sounds.

Last edited by Hansolo; 08-29-2013 at 12:47 PM.