View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 01:46 AM

Default Re: Can there be free will in a world where pre-destiny exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad About Drums View Post
I agree with you.... but, what if what we think/decide about our future and the others we meet and cross in our lives is actually written out in our destiny somewhere, you might think it's all your doing and you're deciding your own destiny and your faith through your life, while in fact you're just following your pre-destiny and you're not aware of it.

I was pre-destined to write that comment, even if I think I wanted to respond to your comments, it was written out there somewhere :)
Some make the commitment to believe strongly and they end up going to their particular services once a week, or have other spiritual outlets.

Some come to the conclusion that can only be proven in a personal way, and can not be proven to others because the logic of proving a negative is impossible.

And still others do not make a commitment either way and sit on the fence and never commit.

But the weakest excuse for believing is that it will not hurt anything if they decide to believe. And so they believe in pre-destiny because it is easier than developing and puzzling out a personal proof of its non-existance. It only shows a semi-self-aware individual.