View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 04:33 PM

Default Re: Can there be free will in a world where pre-destiny exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryace View Post
I was thinking on a more macro scale. It's a given that we all must die. As a race, I think our destiny is laid out. All the little things that make up day to day life, are up for grabs, that's our free will. (JMO) But from a macro view of our race, I think our destiny is sealed. The next step in our evolution, like Anon says, is that we merge with machines. I mean, it's already here. If we make it past this technological adolescence without wiping out our race, then I think it's inevitable that humans will populate other places in the solar system/galaxy besides Planet Earth.

Meanwhile, shall I have scrambled or over easy? I think I'll exercise my free will and just to throw a spanner in the works, I'll say pancakes. But I will end up doing scrambled. Free will in action. Men love scrambled. (obscure movie quote, any guesses? hint, Shelly Long said it)
Was it called 'Night Shifts'?? dreadful movie, wasn't the fonz in it too?think I'm destined to never watch that again....unless of course, I choose too....