View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 02:29 PM
Renegade

Default Re: Can there be free will in a world where pre-destiny exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrInsanePolack View Post
Cockroaches might not play music, but they can develop immunities to chemicals and pestacides as required. They also learn when they need to re-colonize due to irate humans! By no means are they dumb. But they have also had more time to evolve than we have.
Yeah, they're dumb. They don't need to be smart because their physical abilities are so strong.

Quote:
I would say the placebo effect is no different than a psychosomatic response, except its a positive reaction instead of a negative one. No lie required, just insert an idea.
Agree. It's strange how our physical body can be so affected by our thoughts.

Quote:
I sure hope so. Perhaps you have a better outlook on modern society than I do.

Mass Population Correction. I like that. If it comes in my lifetime, the machine I will probably form a lifetime bond with will surely have a trigger!
I like modern society. Sadly, at some stage billions will die and there's no other way things can possibly turn out as far as I can tell. The Earth will really transform in the next 50 years. Baby Boomers and Gen Xs are very lucky to be born when we were. The last few generations have enjoyed a golden age of prosperity. There may be other golden ages in the future, but I suspect not for a long time.

I guess that's kind of destiny.

Soundcloud stream