View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 08:56 PM
"Uncle Larry"

Default Re: Can there be free will in a world where pre-destiny exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnite Zephyr View Post
That's the XXX version, I guess. My version would be that the aliens wanted the gold on this planet, but they couldn't survive in this atmosphere, it's not viable to their race. sSo they tractor beamed a couple of apes into the spaceship and spliced their alien DNA with the ape's DNA and created a human being. Then they put the humans back on the planet and made slaves out of them to mine the earth's gold that they needed on their own planet.
Sex and money. The 2 most powerful motivators in the known universe, right? Hey Paul, maybe we could combine the plots, where the 2 losers actually conquer and create a new species by mating with the apes, and the losers end up being king of humans, which they enslave to a life of mining. They would have to be able to survive in the atmosphere though lol.

On a different note, I think I am coming around to the idea that free will exists within certain parameters.....that were established long before humans. Everything within that parameter, which is governed by the laws of physics, is up for grabs, but there is a larger perspective that we cannot possibly be aware of, at this stage in human development. There's a lot of possible ways for us to happen here, but the truth is, no one knows the facts. So have a good time and don't worry and be happy is my attitude.

Gomez Addams

Last edited by larryace; 08-08-2013 at 09:08 PM.