View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 04:19 AM
"Uncle Larry"

Default Re: Can there be free will in a world where pre-destiny exists?

I don't know who to quote, there's so much good stuff here. Some very convincing arguments for free will and no pre-destiny. I believe in pre-destiny, but I could be all wrong. It's just a belief that has no bearing on anyone else. It just makes more sense to me. It's more ordered. Has anyone ever heard the saying, everything happens for a reason? That seems to ring very true in my life. And if there really is a reason for everything, that suggests something behind everything we do, everything we are. But like I said, I "freely" admit I could be wrong because the fact is I just don't know. I am speaking from solely from my own thoughts and experiences. Life, even in it's most stupid simple form, whatever that is... seems too orderly to be a random occurrence.

Check out my idea for a movie plot that deals with how human life on earth came to be: Two loser alien pals who can't get laid on their own planet set out in their spaceship and eventually find our planet and start raping all kinds of apes. Incredibly, they manage to get enough apes pregnant to start a new species. Pretty cool right?