View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 11:14 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: Can there be free will in a world where pre-destiny exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddywumpus View Post
God, in His very nature exists outside of time. He created day and night (which is interpretted as the passing of time). Do you believe He created the world and just let it run amok, or did He create ALL of existence from the beginning of the universe as we know it until the end? "He knows the plans that He has for you" hints at a sense of predestination, or whatever is in store for you is already set in motion, without your intervention. Or, rather, your intervention was planned for in advance. So, all of those right and wrong choices one can make, they are already accounted for. We are simply marching in this parade, seeing merely what we can see from our perspective, and God is watching the entire thing from his blimp.

Sweet dreams tonight. :D

Note: this is meant to be a philosophical take on the Christian God, not a discussio, persay, of religion itself.
When you talk about plans of God for people, the part you probably don't understand about my belief, is that God does not force people to do things. It is their choice, but he can see ahead and know what they will do. He will give them opportunity, choice and ability to carry out their choice. He knows what will happen, but lets them choose. At some point I will either see that I was right and meet God one day in eternity, or if not, die and that be the end of it. I would rather believe life has a purpose more than just live and have fun.

There is no doubt in my mind about this, but I am not going to call everyone else wrong, because that won't change others minds'.