View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 05:27 PM
"Uncle Larry"

Default Re: Can there be free will in a world where pre-destiny exists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDDrummer View Post
As far as your dream - anecdotal evidence about something you remember will never convince me of pre-destiny. Memory is a very slippery thing, and it has been proven that we can create memories or remember things incorrectly even when we think we remember them exactly.
And I am in agreement with you, basically. If 19 people witness an event, you will have 19 different stories about what happened. So peoples perceptions are unique. It's just that this dream was so vivid, and I experienced it many, many times, so it was burned into my brain.
When I experienced the dream in real life, my mind was blown.
Hearing my story and experiencing my story, very different. So it's hard for me to remain unbiased, even though I know how fallible memory and perception are. I really like your responses. I realize that I won't get a definitive answer here, because as of 2013, I feel it is beyond our capabilities to actually know the mechanics of the universe. But I did want to discuss it and gain a larger perspective from the minds here.