View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 02:12 PM

Default Re: My favorite sticks

Hey Art,
Thanks for the support, I just wanted to reach out about trying the 5A's. A very commonly made misconception is that the 5A is the same cut throughout brands. It is actually very different for all brands. The ProMark 5A'S are a different spec then the Vic's. They are both 16" long, but the Vic is a .565" and the ProMark is thinner at a .550" in diameter. I think the TX818W would be a closer fit both in diameter and Tip type. http://promark.com/pmProductDetail.P...7&productid=80
Please let me know if you have any questions you can reach me at daddariopercussion@dddario.com. Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by art5 View Post
I used promark 7A for 1st 4 years but realised i needed bigger sticks for more volume (bigger venues). Just this year I started using Vic's 5A (always wood tip for me), much more versatile & comfy in my hands. I dont hit the s**t out of my drums but I do constant rimshots & a pair can last me around 20-25 hours of playing, 30 sometimes.

Funny I tried Vic extreme 5A & they broke much much quicker than the regular 5A.

I will try out Vater's & ProMark's 5A to compare. Very curious about Los Cabos sticks but cannot find them here in Oz!!