Thread: Random Thoughts
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 09:38 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Random Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon La Ply View Post
Yes, her influence would seem more chronological than geographical. My Dad was a big fan of the show, which says something. Old style British panto comedy - junior school double entendres and sexual innuendo. As opposed to modern American comedy, which seems to mostly be battles for social supremacy between alpha wisecrackers.

Then you have Aussie comedy, which is often about rednecks :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdgTpBvp9n4
You describe "You've been served" perfectly - wonderful stuff, as are the "Carry On" films, & gems like "On the Busses". All budget stuff, but even better for it :)

BTW, I found that Aussie comedy clip funny. Says something about me eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSky View Post
D
.but my kids think I'm awesome. I'll hang onto that because pretty soon they won't want to be seen with me.
Oh, & much sooner than you think! Are they past 5 yet? ;) ;) ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magenta View Post
My mum was Mrs Slocombe, until she became Hyacinth Bucket along with everybody else's mum.

Oh my life, how could I even have forgotten: when I was little, we actually had a cat called Pussy! My mum was too nice to know better, bless her.
Hyacinth Bucket! Classic. My mother went to the same school as Patricia :)

Ha, a cat called pussy - well - I've come across a few of those (read into that if you will). The wife of a friend of mine has a pet rabbit called rampant - but I doubt that was an innocent faux pas ;)