View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 01:23 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Got a theater gig for this summer... looks like fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon La Ply View Post
Gee Al, and to think I imagined you a respectable young man. You have a fine steampunk look going on. DMC would be proud. It's a cool, butchy drummer spin on the drag theme ... unlike the cliches poor Duncan's rolling out (of course he can't help it, he's British :).

Congrats on the gig BTW. It's always nice to see contemporary works being performed ;)
Respectable? Never! Young? Always, at heart! And I struggled with how I was going to punk out. I don't have any stereotypical punk clothing, really, and the bald spot directly atop the back of my head ruled out any mohawking or spiking of hair (nothing says punk less than a bald spot). So it was obvious I needed to shave it to the scalp. Not pictured in this shot is how I've been drawing stuff on the side of my head with an eyeliner pencil every show -- a lightning bolt, a skull-and-bones, different every night so far.

My wife happened to be telling me I needed to bin this old ratty white t-shirt at the same time I was wracking my brains for what to wear. A Sharpie attack later, and it's become a favorite among the cast and crew. Several want their own copies for after the show. I figure I'll have a Sharpie at the closing week and the after party for signatures, then I'll frame the whole thing in my home office.

Thanks for the congrats, a very fine time being had. I think some bootleg video is going to surface ere long. Saturday night's show was a complete killer, and I noticed our Criminologist had a Flip camera nestled near his chair onstage...