Thread: Off to College
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 09:29 PM

Default Re: Off to College

Glad to hear she is going with you. I asked about the school because I wanted to see what kind of greek organizations there were.
There are quite a few typical greek groups - the fraternities and sororities that most people think of, but that isn't for everyone. It was great for my husband, sucked for me. (If you think you might go that route, PM me and I can give you a head's up for rush week)
What a lot of people don't know about are the special interest fraternities...some of them are co-ed, so you and Sharon could join together. There is a chapter of Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia at UNT, you might want to check that out. I knew some people when I was in school that were very active in a music fraternity (not sure if its the same one), and they seemed to love it.
Bottom line...life does get more entertaining, but in different ways. Some of the things that would make me laugh in college would only make me roll my eyes now. In turn, I don't think any college students would find my life entertaining at all.
As for friends, having a couple of people that you can always count on and love to hang out with is worth a lot more than a vast social network, IMHO.