Thread: Off to College
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 08:46 PM

Default Re: Off to College

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracovyrn View Post

I think partly what concerns me is a lack in friends. It's hard for me to make them and even harder to keep them. I'm not a terrible person towards them, it's just that most seem uninterested in me and what I do. I've been told before that I talk a lot for a guy, so I don't know.
I never had many friends, and there are very few people to this day that I would call "friends" I know a ton of people from church, scouts, and work, but I can probably count one hand how many I would contact outside of the settings I usually see them. Making friends - real friends - is hard, and you would be surprised at the number of people out there in the same situation.

You said Sharon is your best friend...nothing wrong with that. Jason (my husband) was actually my best friend first - I was dating one of his fraternity brothers, and he was dating one of my sorority sisters (so teen drama, I know) when both those realtionships went south, we ended up dating after a couple of months and the rest, as they say, is history.

I agree with looking for clubs on campus, its a great way to meet new people. I do have two questions -
1. Where are you going to school?
2. Is Sharon going to be there as well?