Thread: Off to College
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 06:07 AM

Default Off to College

And so the beginning of the rest of my life starts, with just a few weeks before college. I have decided to go with my mathematical ways and pursue a career in computer engineering.

As I pack up and go through everything of mine, deciding what I shall take, leave, or sell, I can't help but feel as if I'm already bored of life. There are so few things that really interest me, and video games haven't helped with leaving a sense of awe to life.

I feel as if the world is leaving me behind. There are so many living their life without need for intelligence, career, stability, etc. I have always strived for bettering myself a little every day. To others it doesn't seem matter.

It's also hard to make friends in this day and age, let alone best friends. Everyone seems to have completely different interests, beliefs, and agendas from me that it's hard to hold on to someone that makes me feel as if it's just business. Best friends forever seems temporary to me, and every one else is an acquaintance.

One person that has always stayed around and has always been there for me is my girlfriend. The girl to the left of me in my posting picture. She is pretty much my best friend and I don't know what I would do without her.

When does life stop being boring? Sharon is my only real entertainment, but I don't think it's healthy to have to depend on my girlfriend for life fulfillment. That, and I can't be with her 24/7.

Any advice or thoughts?