View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 08:25 PM

Default Re: JoJo M - Perfect Balance Pedal - How does it play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brady View Post

How do they compare after using it for a while? How does the IC do the work for you?
My Iron Cobra uses all of its engineered tools (Cobra Coil, Speedo Ring, etc.) to make the pedal feel like its stuck to your foot. Which is a great thing! But I found that I relied on that feeling too much, and my real, balanced pedal technique was lost and never fully realized. This was because of the fact that I didn't have to think about where the pedal would be, it was always stuck to my foot. So as long as I put my foot down, there would be a consistent hit.

That's why I love the Perfect Balance pedal, it doesn't do all of the "heavy-lifting" for you, like most of the modern pedals do. It relies on your technique much more so than others on the market. You have to be able to find the balance, much like you would with a drumstick, to be able to play it efficiently. Which will make you a stronger player in the long run.

Some people may think the opposite way, in that their pedal should be doing the work for you. Which is great! If there is a pedal that works best for you, then use it. I personally love my Perfect Balance pedal, and am happy that I no longer have to gig with my Speed King or Camco, but can still get that same feeling of balance from a modern piece of hardware with modern features.