View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 03:02 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: What makes your blood boil??

Work makes my blood boil.
--I have to drive 1-1/2 hours across LA everyday just to get there, then it's 1-1/2 - 2 hours to get home.
--I have to silently listen to conservative talk radio all day because I have to share the office space with an 82 year old man who never says a word to me unless there are corrections to make on a map.
--My seat is broken and they won't replace it. It's very uncomfortable and I have to sit in it all day.
--Because of this recession and an overly abundant supply of job seekers, I am making the same wages that I made in 2002 when I started this "career". Barely a dollar over entry-level wages.
--These cheap bastards never update their computers. I work with an older woman and my boss and they are locked into the dinosaur 90's as far as computers are concerned. So everything we do in that office has to be converted down to these old, archaic programs because I guess it's hard to teach an old dogs new tricks. Plus, training costs money.
--In addition to that, I get no internet at my desk. I can use the boss' computer in the morning before they get there if it's absolutely necessary.
--Even though our building has a parking garage, I have to park out on the street everyday.

There actually are a couple good things, but they are very few. It's hell on earth for me, but I'm lucky just to have a job because they aren't easy to come by working in this field.