View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 12:12 PM
Renegade

Default Re: What makes your blood boil??

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddywumpus View Post
Is this a bad time to bring up the topic of world overpopulation? :P
Seems to me that population is the crux of the biscuit in any major problem. Some believe inequity is a bigger issue but I see it as a constant and a given - I base my view on human history and also what I've seen of animal social behaviour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnygrabber View Post
On a side note, Grea, how did the pokies kill the live music scene in Sydney? I guess we're lucky in WA not to have them, but to kill off the music?
Yep. Most of the bars replaced live music with pokies when they had the chance. Simply more profitable. Plus no noise complaints. Plus fewer yahoos and damages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aydee View Post
Yup, way way too many people in this world and like I said earlier, I dont like most of them. Crawling all over the planet like ants. eek. I got no place to hide. Makes my blood boil.
Okay Abe, I think you need a touch of Pollyannish sunshine!

Not long ago I was on holidays and watched the sun set over the beach, framed by palm trees, a gentle breeze etc. I had one of those "Oh wow, the earth is such a paradise" moments.

Then it struck me that if I was dumped in this "paradise" without all the mod cons and facilities created and provided by annoying humans I'd be up sh1t creek without a paddle. Maybe survive a few days.

All those irritating people ... their industry, ingenuity, imagination, strength, kindness, courage, cleverness, goodwill and occasional idiocy makes our lives safer and more pleasant than arguably any other time and place in history.

// sunshine :)

Soundcloud stream