View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 02:54 AM
Renegade

Default Re: What makes your blood boil??

Quote:
Originally Posted by aydee View Post

Dont really like people. Yea, people as a whole annoy me, most of the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracovyrn View Post
Well aren't you just a charming ol' bloke, haha.
Hehe - actually, he's as nice a man as you'll ever meet online. Some of the most pleasant people you'll ever meet are misanthropists - they're just disappointed that people can't be more decent to each other.

I'm the one who makes my blood boil when people do the kinds of things listed below. It's not them, it's my reaction. Things always work out better when I dissipate my anger by trying to put myself in the other person's shoes.

But sometimes I can't control myself and I decide to boil my blood (simmering is better - doesn't burn off all the vitamins, Ref: Cannibal Delights in 15 Minutes). I do, say and think so much stupid shit myself I'm not in a position to judge, but sometimes I do. We all do to some extent.

Some people say they let out their anger on the drums. I don't. For me, drums make me feel happy or insecure, but I'm almost never angry when I'm playing. A few times I've been a bit cranky when playing when someone does a particularly idiotic screwup (like bad timing from people who believe metronomes are evil) but nothing major. It's a big turnaround for me because, being ADHD, I had an insane temper as a child. For almost a decade every year I'd make a new years resolution not to lose my temper. Studying psychology, philosophy, Buddhist writings and science (dispassionate rationality) helped a lot. Pot helped too by teaching me that I could respond to setbacks in a mellow way. Blah blah blah :)

Soundcloud stream