View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 03:55 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Joe Walsh - The truth about music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Satellite Brian View Post
1 then don't do it

2 doesn't matter if it's wrong, it's happening and there's nothing anyone can do about it, you have to adjust to this change if you want to keep making money. Whining about it isn't going to make it go away.

There's a huge difference between playing free shows and free recordings, the former the band has the final say in the matter, the latter is completely out of their control.

That's the only poo t I was trying to make.
1) I don't do it for free,except for a fund raiser or chatitable event ,or just at an open jam..

There is something you can do about it.Copyright your material,and sue those copying and playing your music without paying the proper fees.That called mailbox money,and song writers are entitled to it ...by federal law.Identify music thieves to local police and the FBI,who WLL make arrests and sieze contraband.

The NYPD and the FBI,make regular stings and arrests of unlicensed individuals,selling pirated music.That's called copyright infringement and violates copyright laws in the US.

I'm happy to say,music pirates are now going to jail and paying heavy fines.

This may not stop it,but these thieves are now looking over their shoulders.

Whining and stating fact are two completely different things.I'm stating facts here that you don't agree with,so you choose to take the low road and call it whining.

Steve B