View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 11:39 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: My CUSTOM Internal Bassdrum Mic Holder System [Promo Video]

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiotech View Post
Then why would you have two microphones pointed in the exact same position using a double microphone clip? If it's just for redundancy purposes, then maybe you have a shallow point of reasoning.

And actually you're very wrong about the phase relationship between a condenser and a dynamic microphone, they're approximately 90 degrees out of phase. How many times have you selected three, four or five different microphones consisting of both dynamic and condenser units positioned in front of a vocalist to ensure selecting the best unit for their voice, maybe never? If you have, next time try summing a dynamic and a condenser microphone, then try to tell me there is no phase variations between the two. If you have the ability to hear correctly or see a signal on a digital cluster or analog meter correctly this should be very evident to you. Here's a more simplistic task, just set up a condenser microphone and a dynamic microphone in front of yourself. Get a correct level on each microphone by itself and then sum the two. The level will drop off and you'll loose much of the high frequency content compared to hearing each one seperately. If at this point you can't hear the problems with the phase, it's time for you to hang up your brackets and never again touch another microphone.

Dennis
I don't get your point, tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by konaboy
That would probably be best answered by a patent attorney. It's a lot cheaper to have an attorney give you the legal advice on it then a possible lawsuit by Kellyshu for violating any part of their patent. .(not saying they would sue you but if you violate their patent they have every right to.)
Yes, I'm going to make an appointment at the information centre of the patent office within for the next week and see what I can do. Maybe they have something even cheaper solution for me...

I hope this project won't need to be cancelled :P

Last edited by David Floegel; 07-24-2013 at 12:18 PM.