View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 12:13 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Joe Walsh - The truth about music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Satellite Brian View Post
I absolutely think that musicians need to embrace free music though, because it's not going to stop. You can either make the best out of it as you can, or you can ignore it
Free music: It seems that noone mentioned the point that when music is free, many
artists actually can't and won't release any more of their beautiful and well crafted
pieces of art anymore. Because it's too much work and heart that goes into it completely
unrewarded.

Have you i.e. seen Gavin Harrison's post on this matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Harrison
Yes it's something I have spent a long time doing here in my studio over the past 16 years. I have done some of tests that you described. It is of course very time consuming but I have benefited from it - and continue to do so. I'm still making experiments with drums/mics/effects even now. I must admit that my enthusiasm for making such DVDs where I spend 100's of hours making them (only to find them all over the net on free download sites) has pretty much eroded away. I know there are many people who buy them and are happy to do so - but there's nothing quite like seeing your life's work given away on peer to peer servers to really dishearten you. It's not really even the money - but the fact that some folks have decided to give it a value of ZERO. - sorry for the rant.
(http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...t=698&page=150, Post #5965)