View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 01:46 PM

Default Another FB stand thread - specifically hanging toms

Good day all, I am hoping for some feedback from flat base hardware users. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new Gretsch Renown Maple Fusion 20 x 10 x 12 x 14 in blue metal. This will replace my Pearl Vision rock sized kit for gigging. I was thinking of selling off the Pearl, but keeping the 900 series hardware. I have been really happy with the hardware and it is extemely sturdy but it is so heavy and a real chore to move around. One of the main reasons for moving to a smaller kit overall was portability. I started thinking that swapping out my hardware at the same time may be best and I could get a bit more money for my old kit. I am really interested in the Gibraltar 8600 series - it would be much lighter and a flat base look would really set off the Gretsch kit nicely. The stands certainly feel sturdy. My question is: how would the 8600 boom stands fare if there were a 10 or a 12 inch tom hanging off them? The toms are using the new Lo Mass Tom Suspension System. I am a fairly hard hitter - playing fast rockabilly and psychobilly. Thanks in advance for your comments and opinions.

The new Gretsch renown maple for 2013
http://www.gretschdrums.com/?fa=renowneurope