View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 02:39 PM

Default Re: any help for a hot, fat guy....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacteriumFendYoke View Post
There's a brilliant stand-up comedian (whose name escapes me) who does a whole piece on the formation of the British influence on America being based upon the Puritans. It's hilarious and wonderfully unbalanced.

The American teaching of Independence in 1776 is quite funny though. It wasn't tyranny so much as unfair taxation. In short, the British wanted to charge the colonies for defence by taxing the citizens but the colonies had no representation in Parliament. Unfair? Absolutely. Worth revolting over? Yes. Tyrannical? No.

I also did some rigorous experimenting last night on behalf of Sumo. It turns out that drinking bitter and dancing to live music is not the solution to overheating. My official scientific findings are: hangover.
Mike Meyers, I believe you're searching for?

And actually, I was taught that we were a country of folk who always over exaggerated small events to make people fight for a cause we all believed to be bigger than it really was. The only thing that we accomplished that I can say was shocking for the world was service for the people and not a king. IE. Our democratic republic.

In general, you're right. We learn that it was unfair, but we are told that it wasn't as bad as we made it out to be. Texas education is better than some would think.